Are you a current LSU student looking to get a head start on your coursework? Or have you been out of school for a while and are considering returning to the university to obtain skills-based coursework or a degree?
Summer courses cover the same information and are taught by the same professors as those held during the fall and spring semesters. As a response to the continued impact of COVID-19 and to increase affordability for students taking summer classes, LSU is offering a 15 percent discount on tuition and fees for summer courses. This discount applies to in-state and out-of-state students. These discounts don't apply LSU Online fully online programs. Summer students also receive the same quality of advising and support as fall and spring students. Offered in a compressed timeframe, summer courses offer you many benefits:
- Graduate faster and enter the professional world, thereby earning a salary sooner.
- Take a challenging course head-on, without the usual stresses of a regular semester load.
- Stay connected with the campus community, including faculty members who could end up becoming long-term mentors.
- Concentrate more completely on one or two classes to raise your GPA.
- Secure a place in a popular class that might usually have a waiting list.
- Receive more individualized attention from faculty because of smaller classes and fewer students.
- Enjoy the ease of learning from the comfort of home, with no traffic and no commute.
- Catch up on earning credits if you have changed majors midway through your degree.
- Earn additional credits toward a double major while still graduating when you planned.
- Earn credits that might transfer elsewhere, especially if you’re only returning home to Baton Rouge for the summer.
- Expedite your educational timeline and possibly roll over TOPS funding toward professional degree programs.
For more information on 2021 registration and payments, visit the Bursar's site.
Current LSU Students
All current LSU students can register for summer courses through their myLSU portal.
Not an LSU Student?
Apply today and speak to an advisor about getting started on coursework.